The winners of the 33rd Annual Publishing Triangle Awards were announced on May 12, 2021. Congratulations to all the winners and to all of the finalists!
- Ferro-Grumley Award for LGBTQ Fiction: Fiebre Tropical, by Juliana Delgado Lopera (Feminist Press);
- Edmund White Award for Debut Fiction: 99 Erics, a Kat Cataclysm Faux Novel, by Julia Serano (Switch Hitter Press);
- Thom Gunn Award for Gay Poetry: 13th Balloon, by Mark Bibbins (Copper Canyon Press);
- Audre Lorde Award for Lesbian Poetry: Postcolonial Love Poem, by Natalie Diaz (Graywolf Press);
- Publishing Triangle Award for Trans and Gender-Variant Literature: Trans Care, by Hil Malantino (University of Minnesota Press);
- Judy Grahn Award for Lesbian Nonfiction: My Autobiography of Carson McCullers, by Jenn Shapland (Tin House)
- Randy Shilts Award for Gay Nonfiction: The Deviant’s War: The Homosexual vs. The United States of America, by Eric Cervini (Farrar, Straus and Giroux).
The Bureau hosted two nights of virtual readings by finalists on the evenings of Monday, May 10, and Tuesday, May 11, 2021. You can view recordings of both nights on the Bureau’s YouTube channel: